We can offer a wide variety of both general and complex needs telecare depending on the needs of service users.
- Alarm base unit and pendant – as a minimum, service users have this. The alarm unit sends an alert call to our control centre when the pendant or other sensor is triggered 24/7.
- Fall detector – this detects stumbles, trips and falls. This is instead of the traditional pendant. The user can either press the button for help or the detector will automatically trigger when it senses a fall.
Please note that a Fall Detector is only effective for those service users that are at very high risk of falls such those living with Epilepsy (or other blackout conditions), or those living with Dementia.
Supplying service users with a Fall Detector, where they do not have the above conditions, can cause distress, as they can generate false calls due to the way they are used. This can lead to inconvenience and unnecessary concern to the service user.
- Smoke detector – when the detector senses smoke it automatically sends an alert to the control centre; this can be a potential lifesaver.
- Carbon monoxide detector – if carbon monoxide is sensed, the device alerts the control centre immediately.
- Ambient temperature monitor – detects abnormal temperatures, or a sudden rise or fall in temperature.
- Heat sensor – if a significant rise in room temperature is detected, an alarm is triggered.
If a service user has complex needs, our professional assessment team, Independent Living Supplies (ILS), can visit them at home to determine which of our telecare solutions are the most appropriate.
We also work with local authorities to support those living in their sheltered housing and independent living facilities.