We are Hertfordshire County Council's sole provider of assistive technology across the county. We work closely with social care professionals, the NHS, GPs, Nurses, Pharmacists, support groups, charities, carers, Hertswise, the Police, Herts Fire & Rescue and other professional referral partners across Hertfordshire to ensure that those in their care receive the reassurance, safety and independence that assistive technology can bring, as quickly as possible.
Hertfordshire County Council professionals should refer to us via ACSIS for
Connect and Support pathways.
For Connect and Prevent, Connect and Enable, and for all other Professionals who are making Referrals, please use this link:
When a Referral is made to us via ACSIS or via the above eReferral form, Herts Careline will follow this procedure:
- If the Referral is for a complex needs assessment, we will contact the service user or family directly to assess the situation.
- If the Referral is for a community alarm and pendant, we will send the information in the post to the potential service user and wait for them to complete and return the necessary paperwork to join the service.
COVID-19 will not stop us providing our service
If the service user is healthy:
- We will visit their home to install their equipment.
If they are self-isolating, shielding or suffering from COVID-19:
- We will provide pre-programmed equipment to their doorstep.
- We will telephone them (or a family member) to give step-by-step instructions on how to plug in the equipment and make a test call to our Control Room.
- We will make an appointment when they have recovered to install any complex equipment which needs our engineers’ expertise.
For every person our engineer visits, they will be wearing PPE, will use sanitising wipes on surfaces and adhere to social distancing regulations.
We offer a full range of assistive technology equipment connected to our 24/7 control room.
Please refer to these options to see how we can best assist your service user.
Make a referral
We'll install assistive technology in your service user’s home, depending on their specific needs as described by you on your referral form.
We will assess and bespoke our services for people with complex needs, epilepsy, dementia, mobility issues or learning disabilities.